According to CNN, investigators also found opioid medication in the music icon’s Minnesota home. Authorities did not know whether the painkillers contributed to his death, two unnamed sources told CBS News.
An official told CNN that painkillers likely factored into Prince’s health scare aboard a flight on his private jet just days before his death. The jet made an emergency landing in Illinois, where doctors treated him for a possible overdose, the source told CNN.
Prince was found dead at his Chanhassen, Minnesota, home last Thursday. He was 57.