Kate Middleton’s wedding dress has created a standard that will be hard to beat.
The Duchess of Cambridge’s dress was the perfect combination of traditional yet very modern. From the lace sleeves to the classic train, Kate was a vision of beauty as she walked down the aisle and into the arms of her one true love.
Such a beautiful gown isn’t created overnight or purchased off the rack. There was a ton of planning and preparation that went into creating Kate’s perfect dress.
Here are a few facts that you may not know about Kate’s wedding dress:
- Her dress included 58 button down the back.
- Kate and her dress designer, Sarah Buron, worked closely in creating her dress.
- The dress was made of ivory and white satin gazar.
- The lace appliqué for the bodice and skirt was hand-made by the Royal School of Needlework.
- Kate’s veil was lined with hand-embroidered flowers.
- The veil was held in place by a Cartier “Halo Tiara.”