If you think line dancing is a thing of the past, then you haven’t been to a bona fide honky-tonk, dance hall or true blue country club in the past few years. Not only is line dancing alive and well, but so is two-stepping and swing dancing.
Boots are still scooting in Tennessee, Texas and all over the United States, and we have the Top 10 songs that made the heels hit the hardwoods and the booties swing in 2016. According to Marco Club Connection, an industry organization that works with dance clubs to market and monitor music in country dance clubs, these are the tunes that had butts off of bar stools this past year.
1. Jon Pardi – “Head Over Boots”
2. Luke Bryan – “M-O-V-E”
3. Thomas Rhett – “T-Shirt”
4. DNCE – “Cake By the Ocean” (Yeah, we know it isn’t country, but it is fun to move to!)
5. Drew Baldridge – “Dance With Ya”
6. Brothers Osborne – “21 Summer”
7. Justin Timberlake – “Can’t Stop the Feeling” (Also not country, but he did blow us away singing with Chris Stapleton, so there’s that.)
8. Justin Moore – “You Look Like I Need a Drink”
9. Jon Pardi – “Dirt On My Boots”
10. Randy Houser – “We Went”
Think you don’t have moves? Well, just hush. There are plenty of instructional videos on YouTube, including this fun one we found to the No. 5 song, Drew Baldridge’s “Dance With Ya.”
Now, get out there and rock your Wranglers!