Do you have nasty, mildew-smelling towels? I do. That’s what happens when towels get old.
Over time, laundry detergent builds up in the towels’ cotton, and they eventually start to stink. That’s my simple explanation, anyway.
So how do you get rid of the reek? It’s easier than you think.
Throw your smelly towels in the washing machine, and then, instead of adding detergent, use white vinegar. Make sure the water is hot when you run the machine.
Don’t wash your towels in vinegar every time; just do it once to eliminate those nasty odors.
More cleaning tips and tricks from Elissa the Mom:
- How to degrease kitchen cabinets in seconds
- Refresh your toilet with essential oil
- Vinegar and an old sock can make your window blinds look like new
- How to make your own disinfecting wipes
- Use ammonia to clean your filthy burners
- These special ice cubes freshen a stinky garbage disposal
- Spritz this DIY shower spray every day to avoid mildew buildup
Watch new videos from Elissa the Mom every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!