You know that “Clean Up Song” from “Barney” — the obnoxiously cheerful one that gets stuck in your head every time you hear it?
Tyson thinks this song changes lives. Whenever it plays, kids are automatically motivated to pick up after themselves.
Once my kids become old enough to clean their own bedrooms, I plan to give them a tote filled with everything they need to keep their spaces tidy. I put a checklist of all the things they need to do on the side of the basket.
And yes, maybe I’ll put the “Clean Up Song” on a speaker and play it in their bedrooms to make them finish their chores.
How do you motivate your kids to clean?
More cleaning tips and tricks from Elissa the Mom:
- How to degrease kitchen cabinets in seconds
- Refresh your toilet with essential oil
- How to rid your towels of mildew
- Vinegar and an old sock can make your window blinds look like new
- How to make your own disinfecting wipes
- Use ammonia to clean your filthy burners
- These special ice cubes freshen a stinky garbage disposal
- Spritz this DIY shower spray every day to avoid mildew buildup
Watch new videos from Elissa the Mom every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!