Both dishes bring out your inner child, but making them together is like going back in time to the carefree days of playgrounds and not counting calories.
So whenever you need some comfort food (or if you simply want to feel like a kid again), whip up this slow cooker sloppy joe mac & cheese.
You will need:
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1-pound package macaroni noodles
- 15-ounce can sloppy joe sauce
- 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup pickles, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Garnish this masterpiece with more shredded cheddar and diced pickles. Get the full recipe from 12 Tomatoes.