What dad doesn’t love doughnuts? For Father’s Day, Tyson (who’s a dad) and I decided to whip up some homemade doughnut holes.
You will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 4½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ stick butter, melted
- Oil for frying
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3½ tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
The ice cream scoop Tyson and I used may have been a little too big. In fact, our doughnut holes were so big, they didn’t cook all the way through (even though I obsessively watched the temperature of the oil)! So don’t make the same mistakes we did!
And feel free to get creative. Tyson wanted to put pieces of Hershey bar inside his doughnut holes, so why not try it?!
More Father’s Day treats from Elissa the Mom:
- How to make your own cologne from essential oils
- How to make Big Mama’s baby back ribs
- How to use two terra cotta pots to create a DIY smoker for Dad
- How to perfectly cook a steak every time
Watch new videos from Elissa the Mom every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!