For as long as we’ve worked together, Tyson has been my guinea pig, patiently sampling every single recipe to come out of the Elissa the Mom kitchen.
So, when he told me he’d invented a recipe and wanted to make it, how could I say no?
Tyson loves tuna. While I was making cucumber and onion salad for July 4, he decided he wanted to do something with cucumbers. So, he decided to hollow out some cucumber “boats” and fill them with a tuna mixture.
In true Tyson style, there are no measurements. Use as much or as little of each ingredient as you’d like.
You will need:
- 2 cans tuna (must be albacore!)
- ¼ purple onion (or more/less, if you’d like), chopped
- “Just enough” shredded Gouda
- “Large spoonful” (or more) sweet relish
- “Large spoonful” (or more) mayonnaise
- “Enough dabs” Tabasco
- Salt and pepper
- Saltines, for garnish
Because Tyson is Tyson, he used way too much Tabasco. But, I have to admit that these tuna cucumber boats taste pretty good. Way to go, buddy.
More fun lunches from Elissa the Mom (and Tyson)
- The perfect (and we do mean perfect) grilled cheese sandwich
- Chinese chicken salad with almonds and wontons
- Hot dog spiders for a spooky Halloween lunch
- 17 basic ingredients can make nearly 50 school lunches
Watch new videos from Elissa the Mom every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!