If you’re looking to finally bring the flavors of spring and fresh food to your meals, but the warmth of the season isn’t there just yet, this soup with leeks, potatoes and asparagus can tide you over until warmer days.
Full of produce and fresh color, you will have a seasonal soup from Tasty Yummies in about 30 minutes.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 large leek, rinsed very well, slice thinly white and light green parts only
- 1 pound organic asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 pound organic russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 4-5 cups low sodium organic vegetable broth or low sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for serving
- Bunch of fresh chives, sliced thin
- Additional high quality olive oil to drizzle over top
If you wish the soup to be even creamier, you can add in 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt (or half and half or heavy cream) just before pureeing. Get the full recipe at Tasty Yummies.