Fall is my favorite season for one simple reason — slow cookers!
As a working mother of two, I’m all about making easy, healthy dinners for my family. That’s why I love my slow cooker — I just load it up with ingredients in the morning, turn it on, and dinner’s ready when everyone gets home in the evening.
This slow cooker vegetarian chili isn’t exactly the tastiest thing I’ve ever made, but Tyson loved it — and maybe you will too. After all, it has beer!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 14-ounce can light red kidney beans
- 14-ounce can dark red kidney beans
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 14-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 14-ounce can green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 beer — your choice of brand!