This chili is the real deal. Seriously. It’s even called Real Deal Chili. And it only takes about 25 minutes to prepare.
Bacon gives this Martha Stewart recipe an authentic Southwestern flavor, while cornmeal thickens the dish. Naturally, it tastes delicious with a side of cornbread!
You will need:
- 2 slices bacon, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fine cornmeal
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Top your finished chili with chopped jalapeños and onions, grated cheddar cheese, and sour cream — and don’t forget the lime wedges! Follow along with a written recipe here.