Gravy doesn’t belong on top of mashed potatoes; it belongs inside them — after they’ve been deep-fried, of course.
These mashed potato gravy bombs are one surefire way to make your leftovers tempting. After all, who can say no to fried potatoes?
You will need:
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, chilled
- ½ cup gravy
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Tip: Before you tackle this recipe, freeze your gravy in an ice cube tray.