When cooler weather creeps in, nothing warms up my family like a big pot of homemade chili.
My white bean chicken chili is guaranteed to knock your socks off. The secret is to use a rotisserie chicken from Costco or the grocery store. Nobody on the planet has time to prepare an entire chicken for chili, so those pre-made chickens are a godsend.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups sweet onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped and seeded
- 7 ounces green chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 2 14-ounce cans Cannellini beans
- 1 lime
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
I always top my chili with chopped avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese. Amazing.