Something many Americans have in common is having to deal with a long and arduous daily commute. Brake and go, start and stop. Traffic is an unfortunate part of our life. Does your 15-minute drive to work turn into an hour or longer ordeal from 8 a.m.- to 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.- to 7 p.m.?
One thing, regardless of our political divides, that unites us is our hatred for traffic.
Have you ever wondered how your city ranks with the worst traffic in the U.S.? With help from the most recent Inrix traffic data, we can provide a list of the 10 worst.
10 Worst Cities for Traffic in the America (based on yearly average hours stuck in traffic)
10. Houston with 52 hours a year on average
9. Chicago with 57 hours a years on average
8. Boston with 58 hours a year on average
7. Dallas with 59 hours a year on average
6. Washington D.C. with 61 hours a year on average
5. Miami with 65 hours a year on average
4. Atlanta with 72 hours a year on average
3. San Francisco with 83 hours a year on average
2. New York City with 90 hours a year on average
1. Los Angeles, The City of Angels, with a whopping 104 hours a year on average
That’s a lot of time spent in the car! So, prepare some audiobooks, make some playlists that calm you, find some fun or intriguing podcasts and make the best of it. We’re all in it together and if not, well, there are always bicycles and a desire to stay in shape.