The “Made in the USA” manufacturer that makes it products in Los Angeles announced the imminent store closures in a Dec. 7 filing with a U.S. Bankruptcy court in Wilmington, DE.
- Atlanta – exact location to be announced
- Tribeca – 140 W. Broadway (between Duane & Thomas St.)
- Georgetown – 3025 M St. N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Seattle – exact location to be announced
- Dallas – Mockingbird Station Center
- Memphis – 528 S. Main St.
- Santa Cruz, Calif. –1531 Pacific Ave.
- Evanston, Ill. – 950 Church St.
- Burlington, Vt. – 145 Cherry St.
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg for American Apparel’s woes. After those stores close, next up is a January 12 auction of its remaining 90 U.S. stores.
In addition, American Apparel has moved to put 13 of its outlets in the United Kingdom into the equivalent of chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
Of course, the flip side of all this is that store closures mean deals for you!