When you become a mom, suddenly your car becomes a pig sty. There are a few tricks that I’ve found help me keep some bit of sanity in my car with two small children.
1. DO NOT WAIT
- It’s easier to mop up a mess right after it happens, even if you’re tempted to leave it and let it fossilize
- When you go to the car wash, bring your own cleaning supplies
2. Everything has a place
- Back seat organizer: aka a lifesaver
- Use a console cup to keep clean
- Homemade air freshener (This is a genius tip)
3. Organize your papers: Use a glove compartment file to organize all your service records and important papers
4. Purse hook: If you hit the brakes, you don’t want your bag flying!
5. Trash can: I like to use a shower caddy, but you really just need something to hold garbage
6. Wing it: Whatever you’re able to try, just do the best you can … the car needs to be practical, not perfect!