Of the fours season that we experience, we’d say that spring is pretty great (minus the pollen, of course). Flowers are starting to bloom and the sun is shining in a “say goodbye to winter” sort of way.
The official first day of spring isn’t until next week, but we cannot wait to celebrate the coming of this season!
Here are five facts about this joyous season that you may not have known.
- During spring, the Earth’s axis starts to tilt towards the sun.
- Many cultures celebrate the return of spring. It often signifies rebirth.
- Benjamin Franklin first proposed Daylight Saving Time in 1784.
- The first day of spring, the vernal equinox, has 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness.
- We have used the word ‘spring’ for the season since the 16th century.