Multiple law enforcement officials involved in Brad Pitt’s alleged assault case claim it’s likely he will not be prosecuted, according to TMZ.
The news outlet reported Saturday that based on the “conflicting accounts” of what happened between Brad and his 15-year-old son, Maddox, on a plane, investigators can’t conclusively prove Brad meant to intentionally harm the son of Angelina Jolie and Pitt.
As Rare previously reported, the 52-year old actor was under investigation by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Families and the LAPD for alleged verbal and physical abuse against the six children he shares with Jolie.
The investigation began after Pitt had an outburst on a private plane; he supposedly became belligerent, yelled at and got “physical” with his family.
TMZ now reports that the most credible sequence of events is that “Maddox said something to Brad that pissed him off, Brad then lunged at his son, Jolie stepped in between them and at that point there was some physical contact between Brad and Maddox.”
The investigation has been handed over to the FBI, who maintain that an anonymous tip came in to DCFS after the plane incident.
“The FBI is continuing to gather facts and will evaluate whether an investigation at the federal level will be pursued,” the FBI said in a statement.