With the government on the brink of shutdown, many Americans are concerned about what the consequences mean for them.
Some Americans dependent on government funds — government employees, welfare recipients, military personnel — they will feel the effects.
Here are things that you can count on not changing in spite of a government shutdown.
1. You’ll still be paying taxes
2. The government will still be spending your money
3. The NSA will still be spying on you
4. The Federal Reserve is still pumping $80 billion into the economy each month
5. Al Gore will still be trying to convince you of global warming
6. Amanda Bynes will still be mentally unstable
7. Kim Jong Un will still be eating things
8. Miley Cyrus will still be gross