What is an “It Girl?” Novelist Elinor Glyn’s description says, “She must be entirely unselfconscious…indifferent to the effect she is producing.”
If we can combine these two things and add in a generous dose of talent, one of the biggest hearts we’ve ever seen and a warm, welcoming personality that makes everyone feel like they’ve met their new best friend, then we’d have to call Kelsea Ballerini country music’s new “It Girl.”
How do we love her? Let us count the ways:
1. Her heart is bigger than Texas.
She loves her fans. She ADORES her fans. It’s written on her face and felt in her hugs.
2. She’s loved country music for a long, long time!
When Kelsea got the chance to go out on tour with Rascal Flatts this summer, it was a no-brainer. She’s been a fan of Gary, Joe Don and Jay forever!
3. She loves, respects and honors the legends of country music, and they love her, too.
Kelsea had the chance to sit down with Dolly Parton and you couldn’t knock the smile off her face with a baseball bat. She enchanted us and Dolly, too, who called her a “rockin’ little angel sent down from the sky.”
4. The girl is NOT afraid to drop a tear and get ugly while she’s doing it!
All girls know what an “ugly cry,” is and try to avoid it, but Kelsea warns us it’s coming and even pokes a little fun at herself. And, it’s absolutely precious.
5. She also isn’t afraid to have fun and be a little silly.
Whether it’s pulling a prank on tourmates or having the tables turned on herself, it’s so obvious that the thing she loves more than a good ugly cry is a solid belly laugh.
6. Kelsea isn’t afraid to “fan girl” her favorite country stars.
Kelsea was one of many Nashvillians to attend Carrie Underwood’s Sept. 23 show at Music City’s Bridgestone Arena, and to get her ready for the big night, she made her own Carrie tribute video!