Herman Cain sounded off about minimum wage facts that liberals love to ignore on his program Monday.
The first fact that often goes ignored, said Cain, is that only 2.8 percent of American workers earn at or below the minimum wage.
“You’re not talking about a huge chunk of the work force, less than three percent of the people are at minimum wage,” Cain says.
Other facts include:
- Half of all minimum wage workers are between 16-24 years-old
- Labor workers already make well above the minimum wage
- Those who support minimum wage hikes concede it could kill jobs
- Minorities and the poor are hit the hardest by the minimum wage
- Progressives concede changing the minimum wage won’t fix the economy
- 26 states already have minimum wages higher than the federal rate