“There are two types of people in life. There are those that are born with a very clear vision and have a goal and know exactly what they’re gonna do,” Robert Herjavec says. “I wasn’t one of those.”
Instead, the businessman and “Shark Tank” star describes himself as the other type of person — “who life beats up, gives you unfortunate circumstances and forces you to get to a point where you say, ‘I accept the pain of what I’m living’ or ‘I’m gonna make something of myself.'”
Herjavec’s latest book, You Don’t Have to Be a Shark: Creating Your Own Success, shares tips to help readers reach new heights in their careers.
According to CNBC, Herjavec’s book has seven ways of knowing whether you’re on the right career path:
- You feel comfortable in your own skin.
- You feel no need to impress anyone about anything.
- You have no problem concentrating on what needs to be done in both your private life and professional career.
- You manage personal situations honestly and openly, without lies or exaggeration.
- Your inner voice is quiet when you are with others whose company you enjoy and value.
- Your muscles are relaxed and you breathe easily and normally.
- You feel good — about yourself, about your life, about all you have achieved and all the things you plan to achieve.