Family Files Lawsuit Against Airbnb Following Toddler’s Fatal Fentanyl Overdose During Vacation

Getty Images

The family of Enora Lavenir, a 19-month-old girl who passed away in 2021 due to suspected fentanyl exposure during their stay at an Airbnb rental, are now sharing their account of the incident. They have filed a lawsuit against the company, the property owner, the rental manager, and a renter who had organized a party in the unit two weeks before the tragedy.

Videos by Rare

Despite investigations, there have been no criminal charges brought, and authorities were unable to locate any traces of the drug in the vacation rental, according to The Washington Post.

Lydie, Enora’s mother, discovered her lifeless body in the home in August 2021. The family recounted that Enora’s face had turned blue and white foam was coming out of her lips. Following investigations, a Palm Beach County medical examiner and an independent toxicology report confirmed that the toddler had died due to a fatal dose of fentanyl, as reported by the Post.

“It’s like we fell into a trap,” Boris, the baby’s father, told the publication in French. According to the Post, investigators couldn’t find any drugs in the possessions of Enora’s family, and both parents tested negative for any drug use. The source states that there is no known explanation as to how the toddler obtained access to the drug.

The Post had reported that a former renter, who reserved the home through Vrbo, disclosed to authorities that they had organized a party involving cocaine at the premises, but no connection was found between the drugs and Enora’s case. Investigators concluded that they could not establish how the child had come into contact with the drug.

“I am unable to develop probable cause for abuse or neglect leading to the death of Enora,” an investigator noted. “Currently the manner of death is listed as accidental.”

The case unfortunatly remains unresolved as authorities await further information. Meanwhile, Enora’s family has filed a lawsuit against Airbnb and the parties involved in the home rental, alleging that the fatal drug wasn’t adequately detected after a party held in the house before their stay through Airbnb.

Read More: 15-Year-Old Facing 40 Years After Allegedly Selling Fentanyl to Teen Who Died

What do you think?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

“I Will Totally Obliterate The Deep State” – Former President Donald Trump At CPAC (Video)

5 Things You Missed Yesterday