Can you believe we are on Dancing With the Stars season 29? It’s safe to say the show is still going strong as ever. Last season brought in so much heat to the dancefloor as former Bachelorette star Hannah Brown and professional dancer Alan Bersten were announced as winners. Comedian and actor Kel Mitchell and Whitney Carson finished second and singers Ally Brooke and Sahsa Farber and Lauren Alaina and Gleb Savchenko came in third and fourth place.
This upcoming new season cast has officially been announced and let me tell you, this list is wild. Good Morning America revealed the celebrities involved with the ABC competition show, but their respective professional Ballroom dancer partners are set to be revealed in the coming weeks during the show’s two-hour premiere. Previous pro dancers included Brandon Armstrong, Cheryl Burke, Peta Murgatroyd, Valentine Chmerkovskiy, Jenna Johnson, Pasha Pashkov, Emma Slater, Sasha Farber, and Alan Bersten.
The full list of famous contestants, including Tiger King star Carole Baskin, are competing for the coveted Mirrorball trophy. Most notable celebrities competing include rapper Nelly, Desperate Housewives hunk of a man Jesse Metcalfe and Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis. Other cast members include Bachelorette star Kaitlyn Bristowe and Backstreet Boys AJ McLean.
Other’s set to complete include Netflix TV show Cheer coach Monica Aldama, Disney Channel alum Skai Jackson, Anne Heche, One Day at a Time Star Justina Machado, NBA Great Charles Oakley, The Real co-host Jeannie Mai, Catfish host Nev Schulman, Selling Sunset star Chrishell Stause, an professional ice skater Johnny Weir.
As I said, this celebrity cast is definitely worth a watch. Each of these fifteen famous celebs are hoping to win big with the help of their professional dancer who will help them along their DWTS journey. Supermodel Tyra Banks will be taking over, replacing Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews. America?s Next Top Model creator is a first-ever black female host, and solo host, in franchise history. There are also new rules requiring all professionals, even those who were married to another professional, to be quarantined apart from one another. This is as a precaution to prevent the elimination of two pros and their celebrity partners should one test positive for COVID-19.
Tonight’s premiere will be a bit different since there won’t be a fan vote or an elimination. Week 1 dances will be scored by the judges, Derek Hough, Carrie Anne Inaba and Bruno Tonioli, and those scores will be combined with Week 2 scored and audience votes to determine who the first couple to leave will be. Fans can only vote during the live broadcast in their respective time zones, but fans in all time zones can vote during that window and that combined total will be revealed during the broadcast.
I don’t know about you, but I am tuning in on Monday, September 14th because this is going to be a good season. I’m rooting for Jesse Metcalfe.
Full list of celebrities, routines, and songs for the season premiere below.
- Monica Aldama: Foxtrot (?My Wish? by Rascal Flatts)
- Carole Baskin: Pasodoble (?Eye of the Tiger? by Survivor)
- Kaitlyn Bristowe: Cha-cha (?Stupid Love? by Lady Gaga)
- Vernon Davis: Foxtrot (?All of Me? by John Legend)
- Anne Heche: Cha-cha (?Don?t Start Now? by Dua Lipa)
- Skai Jackson: Tango (?Super Bass? by Nicki Minaj)
- Justina Machado: Cha-cha (?Respect? by Aretha Franklin)
- AJ McLean: Jive (?Blinding Lights? by The Weeknd)
- Jeannie Mai: Salsa (?Tell It to My Heart? by Taylor Dayne)
- Jesse Metcalfe: Quickstep (?Part Time Love? by Stevie Wonder)
- Nelly: Salsa (?Ride Wit Me? by Nelly)
- Nev Schulman: Foxtrot (?The Way You Look Tonight? by Frank Sinatra)
- Charles Oakley: Salsa (?In Da Club? by 50 Cent)
- Chrishell Stause: Tango (?Raise Your Glass? by P!nk)
- Johnny Weir: Cha-cha (?Buttons? by The Pussycat Dolls)
Editors Note: This article was originally published on September 4, 2020. It was updated on September 14, 2020, after “Dancing With The Stars” announced the routines and songs for Week 1.