Investigation Continues in Mysterious Death of Former US Swimmer Jamie Cail

Authorities are investigating the sudden and fairly mysterious death of former U.S. swimmer Jamie Cail in the Virgin Islands, searching for clues into what may have happened.

Videos by Rare

Cail, 42, was discovered unresponsive in the home of her boyfriend on the island of St. John. She was taken to the hospital at 2:49 a.m., where she was pronounced dead, police said.

The cause remains unknown.

According to police, Cail’s boyfriend returned home after an evening out at about midnight, when he found her lying unresponsive on the floor of their shared home. The boyfriend and friend took her to the hospital, where she died after “succumbing to an ailment,” officials said. No further details were provided.

Jamie Cail

(Getty Images)

Cail was a native of New Hampshire and was a member of a relay team at the 1997 Pan Pacific Championships. She also was a member of the swim team at the University of Maine.

She then went on to win the silver medal in the 800 freestyle at the 1998-99 FINA Swimming World Cup in Brazil as a member of the US Swimming National B Team. Cail was considered one of America’s best high school swimmers in the 1990s.

“She was just a very beautiful person,” a friend said, via the New York Post. “She had a huge heart. She was really loving and kind and well-loved and popular on the island and everybody knows her.”

USA Swimming also released a statement.

“USA Swimming is saddened to hear of Jamie Cail’s passing. Jamie was a proud member of our National Teams in the late 1990s and was a cherished teammate,” Lindsay Mintenko, managing director of the National Team, said. “We extend our condolences to Jamie’s friends and family.”

Read More: 17-Year-Old Football Player Dies Suddenly

What do you think?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Prince Harry ‘Gobbled Several’ Psychedelic Mushroom Chocolates Found in Courteney Cox’s Fridge

Savannah Guthrie Leaves Today Early After Testing Positive for COVID-19 On-Air