As a mom of two young children, I’m always looking for creative ways to occupy them so I can get some chores done or just lie down for a few minutes.
Similar to my cootie catchers, these little clothespin caterpillars are simple, crafty, and can easily burn an hour or so on a rainy afternoon.
You will need:
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
Remember to give your caterpillar a backstory! Mine’s named George Stewart, and he starts every morning by reading “The New Yorker.”
More crafts from Elissa the Mom:
- How to put together a child-sized teepee hideout
- Use empty diaper boxers to make drive-in movie cars
- Plastic Easter eggs become colorful maracas
- This scary shark piñata is perfect for a little boy’s birthday party
- Bubble wrap abstract art is as fun as it is colorful
Watch new videos from Elissa the Mom every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!