Sometimes, you look on Pinterest and you find things like — oh, I don’t know, maybe a tricycle car wash?
And you look at that tricycle car wash and you think to yourself, “Let’s do it.”
This is easily the craziest thing I’ve seen on Pinterest at this point. It was so bonkers, I just had to try it. When I started shopping for it, I wanted to turn back. But I couldn’t. I was in too deep.
And was it easy? Of course it wasn’t. It took nearly an entire day to put together. But because I love my kids, I’m willing to do things like this for them.
You will need:
- Pool noodles + cut-up pool noodles
- Rubber mallet
- 9 “T” connectors (¾-inch)
- 9 “L” connectors (¾-inch)
- 2 caps
- 2 “cross” connectors (¾-inch)
- Female hose adapter
- Male hose adapter
- 2 misters
- Two (2) 5-foot PVC pipes (¾-inch)
- Twenty (20) 2.5-foot PVC pipes (¾-inch)
- One (1) 6-inch PVC pipe (¾-inch)
- Three (3) 3-foot PVC pipes (¾-inch)
- Two (2) 1-foot PVC pipes (¾-inch)
- Cut board
- Fabric cutter
- 2 shower curtains
- Kitchen sponges
- Drill with ⅛-inch bit
(Is your head spinning yet?)
A construction plan for the car wash is available at Design Mom, where I found this idea via Pinterest.
Thankfully, the finished product worked, and Tyson and I had a blast testing it for my kids.
More outdoor fun from Elissa the Mom
- Blowing bubbles gets a big, huge upgrade
- Everything you need for the perfect pool day with the kids
- Turn a plastic sheet into a homemade Slip ‘N Slide
- Kid-friendly abstract art made with paint and bubble wrap shoes
Watch new videos from Elissa the Mom every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!