This cupcake recipe takes three of the best Irish creations — Guinness, Bailey’s and Irish whiskey — and combines them into one sinfully good St. Patrick’s Day dessert.
You’ll become everybody’s new best friend if you serve these. After all, who could resist chocolate beer cupcakes with whiskey filling and Irish cream frosting?
You will need:
- 1 cup Guinness (or any Irish stout beer)
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Irish whiskey (don’t be afraid to add more to taste!)
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur, such as Bailey’s
Get the full recipe from AllRecipes.com.