I was looking for the perfect Super Bowl party snack when Tyson suggested these wonton sausage bites, or “sausage stars,” as he calls them. It’s one of only a few of his ex-wife’s recipes that he enjoys.
Why are they stars? When the wonton wrappers cook in the oven, they crisp up, forming these pretty star shapes.
You will need:
- ½ pound mild sausage
- 2 cups Colby-Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Wonton wrappers
The finished product is so delicious and shouldn’t be restricted to football season. It’s the perfect Sunday afternoon lunch or snack.
In fact, sausage stars are so good, they make me more inclined to listen to Tyson’s future recipe ideas. Congratulations, buddy.
More of our favorite party foods
- Cheese and ham Hawaiian rolls with poppy seeds
- Tyson’s favorite Swedish meatballs
- A caramel apple bar for fall
- Zucchini Parmesan rounds — a healthy alternative to chips
- Hot and spicy Mexican-style corn dip
- The easiest cheese ball ever
- Homemade mozzarella sticks
Watch new videos from Elissa the Mom every Monday, Wednesday and Friday!