There’s nothing quite like slicing into a delicious tomato on a summer’s evening. (Bonus points if you grew it yourself!)
Rather than making stuffed peppers (although those are amazing too), why not take advantage of tomato season and cook dinner inside some of these divine summer fruits?
These sausage-stuffed tomatoes also contain Arborio rice and are topped with a breadcrumb and Parmesan mixture. Perfect.
You will need:
- 6 medium-large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- ½ pound Italian sausage
- ½ cup Arborio rice (although any short-grain rice will work)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded