The Reuben is an classic American sandwich. It’s yummy, sweet, savory and incredibly unique. There’s a lot of fun in this sandwich.
It may not be for everyone but we were thinking, what would be a fun way to make this more versatile? Let’s dip-ify it!
That’s right — we’re turning a delicious Reuben sandwich into a savory portable dip. It’s an AH-MAZING dip, it’s friggin’ wonderful. Bonus: you can still spread it on rye bread and make it a sandwich, or you can use your favorite chips and crackers to dip away at it (we used smoked gouda shredded wheat crackers). So many options!
We’re pretty proud of this one, so let’s get ready to wow our friends and family for any occasion.
We also wanted to note that we used turkey in our recipe, but as with any and all recipes, anything is exchangeable. So if you like classic roast or corned beef, go for it! This is your food.
Let us know what you changed around, too; we’d love to hear about it. This is how we did ours; this dip is so easy and yummy!
Let’s get started!
What you will need:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces sour cream
- ½ pound turkey
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- ⅓ cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Optional: Splash of milk or almond milk for creaminess
And that’s it!
Let’s make it:
- Step 1: If you’re not using pre-shredded cheese, you’re going to want to shred your block of Swiss cheese until you have a one cup’s worth (although a little more won’t hurt anyone). Preheat your oven to 400°.
- Step 2: Lay out your meat. In our case, it’s maple honey-glazed turkey. Cut horizontal strips across it, then go back and cut some vertical strips, effectively dicing it up for cold cuts.
- Step 3: Grab an oven-safe pan, glassware or pie pan and spray with cooking spray. Add your cream cheese, sour cream, sauerkraut, Thousand Island dressing, Swiss cheese and splash of milk. Stir it all up until it’s nice and creamy looking. Then, pat over the top and make it look nice neat and flat.
- Step 4: Put your pain in the oven. Let the dip cook for about 20 minutes or until it’s all bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Step 5: Serve! We like giving the people the option to make little open-faced sandwiches and serve it with rye bread. For the on-the-go conversationalist, crackers served great to dip’n’dive and stay on the move. Your options are limitless!
This is a fun, easy and, more importantly, delicious dish to serve to any group of people — or to maybe secretly covet in your dungeon of delectables all for yourself.
Regardless of what you do with it, we’d love to hear all about it. Check out some of our other recipes and videos in our Let’s Make series. We’d love to see how your food turns out, so be sure to tag us on Facebook and/or Instagram and show us!
Also, if you have any recipes that you’d like to see us make a video for, feel free to contact Marc@rare.us. We’re always looking for fun new creations!