This recipe for cheesy chicken enchiladas is one of Southern Living‘s most popular dinners ever, and it’s easy to see why.
The divine Mexican dish comes together in a snap, perfect for those weekday nights when you’re busy and/or tired. It’s also cheaper and much, much tastier than any fast food out there.
You will need:
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese with peppers, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can chopped green chiles, drained
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 8 more ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces green taco sauce
- Vegetable cooking spray
Southern Living recommends topping your finished enchiladas with diced tomato, chopped avocado, chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives, and chopped cilantro. Get the full recipe here.