Steak leftovers are probably rare in your house, but sometimes there might be a half serving uneaten at the end of a meal. If you usually stuff yourself to finish it, next time, save it and make this delicious steak nacho recipe instead.
If you don’t have any cooked steak on hand and want to make this recipe, use skirt steak. It’s not too expensive, and it’s delicious in this recipe.
Remember, you can always adjust the proportions of the recipe to suit the amount of steak you do have.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- around 72 tortilla chips
- 1 pound skirt steak or top round, cut into 1-inch strips or chopped into cubes (or whatever you have left over)
- 1-2 teaspoons Adobo all-purpose seasoning with cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 cups shredded cheese
- Jar of pickled jalapeño slices, drained
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- sliced scallions, for garnish
- sour cream