We’re all about slow cookers in the fall and winter. (Check out some of our favorite Crock-Pot recipes.)
These small appliances are perfect for making dinners and soups, but have you ever used one to cook dessert?
This Thanksgiving, bring out your slow cooker and make the easiest pumpkin pie on the planet. This tasty holiday dessert from Rodale Organic Life is deep dish and has no crust — plus, putting it in the slow cooker frees up the oven for turkey!
You will need:
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 24 ounces evaporated milk
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
More pumpkin treats
- No-bake pumpkin cheesecake lasagna
- No-bake pumpkin spice icebox cake
- Homemade pumpkin spice latte; even better than Starbucks!
- The best pumpkin bread you’ll ever taste
- Mini pumpkin pies