Ah, sushi. We feel so sophisticated while we’re eating it. And with good reason — some fine sushi restaurants charge hundreds of dollars a head.
That’s why we couldn’t help but giggle when we found this Pickled Plum recipe for the “poor man’s” spicy tuna roll. Forget feasting on the finest ingredients; this tuna comes from a can.
But who cares? It tastes amazing, and it only takes 15 minutes to make the entire thing.
Saving money and eating well? We’re definitely on board.
You will need:
- 5-ounce can tuna in water, drained
- 1 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili oil
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 6 nori sheets
- 1½ cups Japanese rice, cooked, cooled to room temperature