If you’re looking for a creepy, ghoulish Halloween look but can’t decide how to pull it off, why not try a simple costume with elaborate makeup? Special effects makeup artist Roger Riggle shows us how to create a zombie design with rotting flesh in this video.
Here are the tools you’ll need:
- Hair gel
- Cotton pads
- Witch Hazel (use this to cleanse your face before applying makeup
- Liquid latex
- Foam sponges
- Makeup brushes
- Nose & scar wax for moulage, or molding
- Spatula or popsicle stick
- Spirit gum
- Spirit gum remover
- Lubricating jelly, yes, lube
- Water-based makeup (colors: gray, glack, blue, red and white)
- Fresh scab gel (tastes link mint!)
- Stage blood (it’s also mint-flavored)
Here’s the finished product.
Is the zombie look too much for you? Check out a more tamed Halloween makeup option.
Visit Roger on Facebook for more makeup ideas.
Happy Halloween, ghouls and goblins! 👻🎃💀