It may have some of the lowest prices in town, but not every item is cheapest at Walmart.
Money Talks News has listed nine things you’d be better off buying elsewhere.
1. Gift cards: Some websites, including Cardpool, sell gift cards for up to 35 percent off. It may not have the same selection as Walmart, but it definitely has lower prices.
2. Entertainment: When it comes to book prices, Amazon regularly beats Walmart. If you’re looking for music, Money Talks News recommends signing up for a streaming service like Spotify Premium or Apple Music, both of which cost less than $10 a month.
3. Toys and games: This is another area where Amazon is the low-price king, sometimes by several dollars.
4. Snack foods: If you’re craving chips, cookies and other cheap snacks, get them from the dollar store.
5. Organic produce: Believe it or not, Whole Foods beats Walmart here! The grocery chain affectionately dubbed “Whole Paycheck” actually has a much better selection, not to mention better prices on organic fruits and vegetables. Trader Joe’s is another good option for produce.
6. Brand-name diapers: Signing up for Amazon Family gives you a discount on items like diapers, and Amazon beats Walmart’s prices on Pampers anyway.
7. Gift-wrapping items: Buy wrapping paper, ribbons and gift bags at your local dollar store.
8. Party supplies: This is yet another area where the dollar store beats Walmart’s prices.
9. Batteries: They’re half the price at Costco, so skip Walmart and stock up at a warehouse club instead.