“I wish I was an only child,” says anyone who grew up with siblings.
Yes, I’m sure there were (and maybe still are) times that you wanted to put your siblings up for adoption, but you have to admit, not all your childhood memories were horrible. Your siblings may have made you want to pull your hair out, but you always knew they were on your side in the parents vs. children war.
Here are 5 facts about growing up with siblings:
1. A study by the University of Ohio found that people with more siblings have stronger marriages.
2. Younger siblings tend to be more extroverted than older siblings in large families.
3. By the time children turn 11, they spend about 33 percent of their free time with siblings.
4. Siblings help you have better interpersonal skills.
5. Older siblings tend to have slightly higher IQs than their younger brothers and sisters.