Do you have old food rotting in your garbage disposal? If you do, you know it smells awful.
Disposal cleaners exist, but they’re usually expensive. Today, I’m going to show you how to skip those products and use ice cubes to clean your garbage disposal. Really.
These are no ordinary ice cubes. They’re made with more than just water, and you probably already have every ingredient in your kitchen.
You will need:
- 8 parts water
- 1 part vinegar
- Lemon + zester
Once your ice cubes are ready, simply drop one in your drain, turn on the water, run the disposal, and enjoy the freshness.
More cleaning tips and tricks from Elissa the Mom:
- How to degrease kitchen cabinets in seconds
- Refresh your toilet with essential oil
- How to rid your towels of mildew
- Vinegar and an old sock can make your window blinds look like new
- How to make your own disinfecting wipes
- Use ammonia to clean your filthy burners
- Spritz this DIY shower spray every day to avoid mildew buildup