Spring break is a time for college students to kick back and relax — that’s nothing new. But did you know the extent of how crazy spring break truly is?
Check out these facts about spring break in the U.S.
- Spring breakers collectively spend over $1 billion each year.
- More than 1.5 million students go on spring break every year.
- On average, students will spend $1,100 each over the course of their spring break.
- Every year, at least one spring breaker dies from falling off a balcony.
- Panama City Beach, Fla., is the number one domestic spring break destination.
To all those students enjoying themselves, be safe!