A customer was shopping in a Lowe’s garden department — then this snake popped out and ruined their day

Videos by Rare

Videos by Rare

One customer at a Lowe’s store in Denver, N.C., got the shock of their life when 4-and-a-half foot copperhead snake bit the shopper in the gardening department Monday afternoon, WSOC-TV reported.

“Please watch the trees in the garden area of Lowe’s Home Improvement,” the East Lincoln Fire Department posted with a photo of the snake in a bag on Facebook. “This could happen at any store that sells tree. So be mindful when shopping for gardening supplies.”

RELATED: This mom was reaching for a garden hose — next thing she knew, she needed more than 30 vials of antivenom

A spokesperson for Lowe’s said no other snakes were found in the department since the incident and said, “but we continue to monitor and have asked a pest control company to also come back to the store to check.”

RELATED:  A man was minding his own business in a Lowe’s — then a snake burst out of a cabinet and ruined everything

The East Lincoln Fire Department first reported that a employee was bitten by the copperhead snake, but updated their Facebook post Tuesday morning saying that the victim was actually a customer.

According to CNN, an employee killed the snake, and the store isn’t sure how the snake got in.

The customer’s condition has not been released.

What do you think?

Trisha Yearwood just dished on the secret that keeps her and Garth Brooks’ love alive

The late Guy Clark joined Vince Gill on the Opry stage to breathe life into this beautiful duet