A dog was saved by a cop after she accidentally ingested some prescription meds

[protected-iframe id=”0d1a4378e5c590e68765f2f95ad12974-46934866-65121066″ info=”http://www.nbcwashington.com/portableplayer/?cmsID=437713063&videoID=68BnQN1IQhDG&origin=nbcwashington.com&sec=news&subsec=national-international&fullWidth=y&t=9″ ]

Videos by Rare

A dog in Maine got into a stash of Oxycodone, scaring her owner into thinking her beloved pooch would overdose.

RELATED: A family that thought their beloved dog died was in for one heck of a surprise while looking for a new pet

The owner, Leslie Reynolds, flagged down Sgt. David Chauvette last week in York County, worried that her canine named Addie had ingested the legally prescribed drug. Reynolds’ daughter was prescribed Oxycodone for a back injury, and Addie got into the pills when the daughter left her purse containing the medicine on a chair.

Luckily, Sgt. Chauvette had Narcan on hand, and administered it to the pet immediately.

According to the state’s Attorney General’s office, it is the first time Narcan has been used on a dog. It was also Sgt. Chauvette’s first time administering the drug.

RELATED: A Texas animal shelter is on alert after their own Cruella de Vil stole a dog from their shelter Monday

Later, the owner told authorities that Addie had recovered. She told them she was grateful that they had the right antidote on hand.

What do you think?

America’s Got Talent, Season 12, Episode 10: Spoilers, preview, TV info, updates (August 1, 2017)

July’s murder numbers in Chicago paint a scary picture for the rest of the year