Fred Savage, child star of The Wonder Years, is denying allegations of sexual conduct by multiple women on the set of the show’s reboot.
Fred Savage is “devastated” over the claims, according to a Hollywood Reporter article published Tuesday. He contends some of the alleged incidents couldn’t have possibly happened.
“Since I was 6 years old, I have worked on hundreds of sets with thousands of people, and have always strived to contribute to an inclusive, safe and supportive work environment,” Savage’s statement reportedly said. “It is devastating to learn that there are co-workers who feel I have fallen short of these goals.”
However, the statement reportedly continued by saying Fred Savage was trying to improve any behavior that might have harmed others.
“While there are some incidents … that absolutely did not and could not have happened, the statement said. “[But] any one person who feels hurt or offended by my actions is one person too many. I will work to address and change any behavior that has negatively affected anyone, as nothing in this world is more important to me than being a supportive co-worker, friend, husband, father and person.”
Fred Savage Allegations Detailed Amid ‘Wonder Years’ Exit
The makers of the Wonder Years reboot fired Fred Savage as director and executive producer in early May amid the allegations.
More information came to light earlier this week about the accusations of misconduct multiple women lodged against Savage. The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday said a group of six women on the crew “united to take action.”
Savage allegedly had the ability to turn off his dark side, according to the claims. The accusers say he assaulted and verbally harassed crew members on the show’s reboot. He supposedly didn’t behave that way in front of actors and executives, however.
“They all see his absolute perfect, best face,” an accuser said. “But he sometimes showed a different side to ‘below-the-line’ employees who don’t have power.”