Advertisement
Boy Neflix Fire

MINQUADALE, Del. (AP) — A 13-year-old boy who defied his mom by staying up late to watch Netflix is credited with saving his family from the fire that destroyed their Delaware home.

The News Journal reports that Angela Marie Borden said in a Facebook post that her son, Damir, was still awake when the fire broke out early Wednesday and was able to wake the rest of the family up.

Borden says the mobile home’s breaker box was pulling into much power, causing a spark in an outlet.

Two dogs died in the fire, and two other dogs are still missing.

The Red Cross has given the family around $600 for a hotel room and clothing.

Watch: Go inside of the blaze on a live-fire exercise with real firefighters

Author placeholder image About the author:
The Associated Press is an independent, not-for-profit news cooperative headquartered in New York City. Our teams in over 100 countries tell the world’s stories, from breaking news to investigative reporting. We provide content and services to help engage audiences worldwide, working with companies of all types, from broadcasters to brands.
View More Articles