Advertisement
Judge Napolitano returned to Fox News after being taken off air for claims that President Trump was spied on AP Photo/Richard Drew
Andrew Napolitano appears on the "Varney & Co." program on the Fox Business Network, in New York, Monday, April 11, 2011. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

On Wednesday morning, Judge Andrew Napolitano returned to the Fox News airwaves in his first appearance since uttering his headline-making comments about President Donald Trump and spying. Napolitano claimed on Fox News that President Trump had been spied on by British intelligence, perhaps after insistence from President Barack Obama and his administration. After multiple intelligence agencies claimed this was nonsense, including the Brits, President Trump was asked about the allegations. He cited Judge Napolitano and told reporters to ask him about the allegations.

RELATED: Sean Spicer had an official statement on the president’s wiretapping concern

In his first appearance since the snafu, Napolitano didn’t back down from his previous comments.

“The American public needs to know more about this rather than less, because a lot of the government surveillance authorities will expire in the fall, and there’ll be a great debate on how much authority we want the government to have to surveil us, and the more the American public knows the more informed they and Congress’s decisions will be,” Napolitano told Fox News’ Bill Hemmer. Napolitano referenced his comments before he spoke about a legal case involving former Congressman Aaron Shock (R-IL).

Before he spoke about Shock, Napolitano gave one more comment about his claims that Trump was spied on.

“I think a lot more is going to come.”

h/t Mediaite

Author placeholder image About the author:

Stories You Might Like