A Brazilian couple hired a videographer to record the genders of their two twins, only to have it go up in smoke.
Or frightening flames, as the case may be.
Jenni Alarcon and Lucas Motta went all out for the event, with things turning south when a pyrotechnic meant to announce the sexes of their twins malfunctioned. The result left event-goers terrified and practically burned down the home where the reveal took place.
A TikTok video showed the couple walking toward the house, then standing in front of massive letters that read “Babies.” Fireworks and pink smoke erupts, as the couple embraces. Behind them, you can clearly see the start of the flames that would soon engulf the area. It all started on the “S.”
Gender Reveal Ends Up In Flames
Gente kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk e estava ao vivo lá na rede ao lado, eu salvei a live 😂♬ som original – Jenni Alarcon
Fortunately, no one was injured, Alarcon said in response to a comment on the video, adding that it was more a “scare” than anything.
The video, of course, has now gone viral, but that’s about the extent of the damage. Through it all, the couple will soon be bringing twins into the world — so it is safe to say they are, without a doubt, still going to be just fine.
Still, can we stop with these over-the-top gender reveals? I mean, how many more explosions and fires do we need to have? Have we learned nothing from the previous fires? This is getting out of hand. What if we just stick with cupcakes and cakes with icing in the middle? That is cute too!