Waitress Serves ‘Liquid Detergent’ Instead of Juice to Customers in Bizarre Accident

Getty Images

Usually, restaurant servers ask if you’d like a side of fries with your order. Or a soft drink or beer.

Basically, when they ask, “What would you like to drink?” odds are, they aren’t referring to soap.

Videos by Rare

Videos by Rare

But one server in China gave it to customers, anyway. The end result was seven customers heading straight to the hospital to have their stomachs pumped.

Now, in fairness, the server did not intend to dole out liquid detergent instead of juice. It was a total accident.

Her excuse? Bad eyesight.

No, really. She couldn’t tell the difference between juice and soap. But in her defense, clearly, the customers who drank the detergent could not, either.

Per the South China Morning Post, via NDTV, “the customers were informed that the mix-up was caused by a waitress who had bad eyesight. As per a police officer from the Xucun Police Station, all seven people are in stable condition and will seek compensation from the restaurant later.”

One female customer posted a video from her hospital bed detailing her account, via the Morning Post. (She has since deleted the video.)

“I took one sip and swallowed. My throat felt very bad immediately,” she said.

Interestingly, the server isn’t a normal employee of the restaurant.

“She told us she doesn’t work for the restaurant normally and was just helping out for the day,” the victim said.

So it’s probably safe to say that part-time employees’ serving days are behind her. But hey, if you are looking to employ someone in the cleaning division, she may be your gal.

Read More: Waitress Caught on Video Tackling Man Down After Groping Her

What do you think?

-1 Points
Upvote Downvote

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Super Bowl 2023: What You Need To Know About The Anticipated Game

Dennis DePue: The Terrifying Inspiration Behind ‘Jeepers Creepers’