Life gets busy and eventually we just fall into a common routine with our daily tasks. We all have specific ways that we do certain things, small daily rituals that just feel right. Well, did you know that these common tasks are costing you more money, and hurting the environment, more that you may thing?
Take a little time to be conscious about these 4 energy wasting daily tasks and your bank account will thank you.
- Washing your clothes in warm water. You can save 80% more energy if you wash your clothes in cold water.
- Throwing away plastic bags. Many grocery stores will recycle the plastic bags that you use, all you have to do is return them. Better yet, bring your own bags!
- Letting the water run. We get it, sometimes you let the water run a little longer than usual when you’re brushing your teeth or removing your makeup, but be aware. A running sink wastes a gallon and a half of water per minute. Here is a quick tip- brush your teeth in shower!
- Leaving the lights on. Artificial lights waste a lot of energy. Make it a habit to turn lights off when you leave a room.
- Cooking food in the oven. Using a microwave can save you up to 50% in energy.
Get green and save green!