A chocolate-covered cherry is the quintessential Valentine’s Day treat. And everyone loves chocolate cookies.
Why not combine the two? That’s exactly what the ladies of Taste of Lizzy T’s decided to do.
Behold the chocolate-covered cherry cookie. Each one has a delicious chocolate-covered cherry inside. They’re perfect for Valentine’s Day, but feel free to make them any time!
You will need:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 48 maraschino cherries, blotted dry
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice