Spring cleaning is among us and that means one thing: piles and piles of junk. It’s kind of unbelievable how we acquire so much extra stuff over time. Whether it’s a 12-pack of Santa mugs that were 90 percent off, or duplicate picture frames that you received on your birthday, it’s time to rid yourself of the junk and get organized! The easiest way? Host a yard sale. Your junk finds a new home, and you get a few extra bucks — it’s a win-win.
- Be reasonable and realistic about price. It’s easy to price sentimental items at a higher price than they are actually worth.
- Set up early or even the night before if you have time.
- Promote your event on social media sites. Get the word out to insure a good turn out.
- Use whole numbers when pricing; it’s going to make your life a whole lot easier.
- Look ahead and check the weather forecast. The better the whether, the better the odds that people will show up.